What is a Miplet?
The name Miplet is derived from "micro page (Mip) with standalone interactive elements (LET, as in ServLET, AppLET)". The name is our trade mark.
A miplet is a specialized landing page with a clearly defined goal. To create and publish a miplet, you do not need any programmer skills, nor your own web site.
The differentiator of a miplet is the integrated interactive element. From simple registration to multiple-choice surveys or quiz, you can design the interaction with your customers very fast, easy, reliably and without any programmer know- how.
The integrated viral component and the easier access to the social media platforms Twitter, Facebook, XING and LinkedIn are inviting your customer and prospects to spread the “word of mouth” for your products and services.
Where can I initiate / use the miplets?
Here you can find some of the main (use cases) applications of standalone landing pages:
1. Customer -feedback-programs
2. Customer activation and customer reactivation
3. Lead-generation and lead- pre qualification
4. Opinion and market research
5. Structured requests for proposal
6. Event- and roadshow registration in a perfect bundle with a participant feedback!
7. Assessments of knowledge or compliance to standards
8. The special invitation for your private events: birthday, summer party or New Year's Eve….
You can use a miplet not only in the marketing department of a company, but in the HR- or Customer support departments as well. Miplets are useful not only for product vendors, but also for event agencies, training and coaching companies and private people.
Who can create a miplet?
The short answer is: EVERYBODY, who is creative, able to use a PC and Winword and do have access to internet!
You have to contact us for an account. After login on the home page with the provided "Name" and "Password" you are granted access to the tool and can navigate through the tool parts: Elements, Miplets and Analytics
If you don’t feel creative enough, you can ask your marketing agency to use the tool for creating your marketing activity.
Based on our partners’ network we offer you very attractive miplets packages, including the “simple” SEO optimized landing page, the social media support and/ or the traffic partner net.
How can I create efficient surveys?
A good survey needs to be relevant, accurate and valid: brief- objective- simple- specific. It is not easy to construct clear, direct questions, using the language that survey participants will understand. Find below some of the basic principles that do work to improve the overall design.
1. Use simple words that are direct and familiar to the respondents. Try not to use technical concepts or jargon.
2. Avoid misleading questions! You don't want to lead your respondents to answering questions in a certain way based on the wording or structure of them.
3. Avoid tricky questions! They work through emotionally charged items like words, stereotypes, etc. This too can push respondents towards a specific answer choice.
4. Avoid questions that assume the respondents to be familiar with the specifics It is helpful to provide more details and additional information.
5. Avoid double negatives and double-barreled questions. A double-barreled question is a question with several parts, statements or meanings. Split those questions into more than one part, idea or meaning!
Available types of questions @ Miplets:
Miplets's question types for quiz and survey range from close-ended to open-ended formats.
1. Single Choice (only one answer allowed): Only one answer is allowed to be selected. The correct one can easily be marked with a checkbox in front of the field.
2. Multiple Choice (more than one answers allowed): More than one correct answers are allowed to be selected.
3. Rating: The rating scale goes from 1 star = "very poor" to 5 stars = "excellent". The "answer"-field is used for the categories which have to be rated. No category can be skipped!
4. Text: (only one answer allowed) The correct answer (case sensitive!) has to be entered into the answer field.
These 4 question types allow you to design very easy and fast a variety of quiz and surveys. If you use the option: “others”, you can add a text field for a further specification.
What have to be considered by the creation of a survey?
The overall format and layout of a survey is very important. Some good practice tips to create a survey with high completion rate and without skipped questions are given below:
1. Name of the organization conducting the survey should be clearly stated and recognizable ( use CI/CD function of the miplets tool)
2. Give an estimate of how long the survey might take.
3. Provide instructions on how to move through the survey.
4. Provide information in regards to any kind of incentive or prize for taking the survey.
5. Last but not least: Please point out the reason for collecting the data and if the data is confident, point out your strict data protection policy!
What is the response rate of a survey?
The percentage of people out of your target group, who respond to your survey is considered the response rate.
To calculate the response rate, use the following equation:
Response Rate = Number of Completed Surveys / Number of Participants Contacted x 100%
A high response rate indicates that the survey results are representative of the survey population.
How can I improve the response rate of my survey?
1. You need to know your survey audience
2. You have to create an effective survey that is relevant and interesting for the audience.
3. TEST to make sure that all is working correctly and the questions make sense!
4. Invitation message content is important. The invitation message is what your respondents will see first. It has to be clearly defined.
5. Try to keep the number of questions under 10!
How can I publish and spread around my survey?
The miplets- standalone landing pages, created by you- are hosted on the miplets platform, so you do not even need to own a web page. After creating a miplet you have to “publish” it. The tool is building a link to your miplet, which you can use for sending or linking it:
1. via e-mail
2. üvia an online platform: as a Banner, link,..
3. via newsletter
4. of course you can use also print media (like flyers) for the distribution of the link to your miplet!
How can I get my survey results?
All results of your survey can be found in the Analytics part of the miplets tool. There you have the possibility to monitor in real time several parameters of your survey.
1. Login with valid Email address and password.
2. Select the right survey miplet in the list.
3. Click on "Details" to see the number of registrations per day.
4. Click on "Export" to see and download on your PC the list of registered persons.
5. Click on "Survey" to see the graphical distribution of the answers to your survey.
How can I create an effective quiz miplet?
With smartly defined questions and well selected answers you can and have to use a quiz miplet to point out the strength and special properties of your products and services!
1. Don’t use dumb answers! Try to educate your prospects in terms of the differentiators of your product and services.
2. The tool enables you to integrate into a miplet not only pictures and text, but also YouTube videos and audio recordings. You can use them to „hide“or „unveil“ the content for the right answers of your questions.
3. Use smart all available types of questions!
4. Keep the number of questions between 3 and maximum 5, if you want to score high conversion rate.
5. Define easily the number of correct answers in the miplets”part of the tool necessary to proceed with the registration!
Why should I use a Miplets RFS?
The short answer is: in order to be prepared for the first conversation with your prospects!
The long answer is: So that additionally you can achieve:
1. You can give the first impression as a professional to your prospects
2. You are informed about the „problems“ of your prospects
3. You are starting the first conversation with a ready possible solution to the prospects problem
How can I include a facebook-miplet to my Facebook page?
In order to be able to include the miplet into your facebook pages, you need the developer rights. All you need to do is copy the miplets link into 4 fields- READY! You can define a name for your miplet and upload an icon for the app.
On request we will provide to you a detailed step by step description.